5 Cocktails to Get You in the Festive Mood
With Christmas fast approaching and work festive parties in full swing, we bring you our ultimate guide to the best festive tipples you can make at home!
Sparkling Clementine Thyme Cocktail
Ingredients: (makes 2)
- 120ml chilled vodka
- 360ml sparkling clementine juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 clementine or orange slices
- Two sprigs lemon thyme
- Fill two glasses with ice, an orange slice and pomegranate seeds.
- Add the vodka to the glass and top with half the sparkling clementine juice.
- Garnish with the lemon thyme.
- 120ml cranberry juice
- 120 ml white peach cranberry juice
- 30ml triple sec
- 15 ml vodka
Shake with ice, pour into rimmed glass. Garnish with fresh cranberries.
For a crowd, easily serves 16 guests:
- 1.8L cranberry juice
- 1.8L white cranberry-peach juice
- 470ml triple sec
- 240ml vodka
Chill well for at least 3 hours before guests arrive.
White Chocolate Snowflake Martini
Ingredients: (makes one drink)
- 60ml vanilla vodka
- 60ml Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- 30ml white creme de cacao
- 30 ml whole milk (can mix with a dash of light cream for thickness)
- Lemon wedge
- Sanding sugar
- Cut a half-inch slit into the lemon wedge and rub it around the rim of the glass.
- Pour sanding sugar into a shallow dish then dip the rim in the sugar to coat evenly. Gently shake off excess sugar.
- Add the vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and milk into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain mixture into glass. Serve immediately.
- 2 bottles Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay
- 170ml sparkling apple juice
- 50g sugar
- 30g cranberries, halved
- 100g cranberries, whole
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir together with a large wooden spoon to help the sugar dissolve.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve chilled or over ice.
Winter Rose Cocktail with Sake
- 60ml Haikara Yuzu or Haikara Momo
- 15ml rum
- 30ml Lime Juice
- Dash of Simple Syrup
- Dash of Rose Water
- Dash of Lavender Bitters
- Ginger Ale for topping
- Cranberries or orange peel (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients, except for the ginger ale, to a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat.
- Strain into rocks glass.
- Top with Ginger Ale and garnish.
Holiday Peppermint White Russian
Image and recipe: www.coffeeandcrayons.net/
- Candy canes, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 30ml Peppermint Schnapps
- 30ml Kahlúa
- 30ml vodka
- Whole milk (mix with a dash of light cream for thickness)
- Additional candy canes, to garnish
- Combine crushed candy canes and granulated sugar in a small bowl and mix well to combine. If desired, rim the top of each glass with candy cane and sugar mixture and fill with ice.
Fill a cocktail shaker with Peppermint Schnapps, Kahlúa, vodka and ice. Shake well until combined and cold. Pour into prepared glass and top with desired amount of milk.
Garnish with additional candy canes, if desired.